Black Mountain

A grey spring day at Lake Tomahawk, Mar 22, 2024

Friday, March 17, 2023

Ditch repair

 

Yesterday I watched this "front loader" tear out the ditch on Blue Ridge Road. He loaded the various shrubs and small trees into a dumptruck. And he tamped down the fresh dirt. Then went on up the hill.  I had a few minutes when my cable went out, and I blamed him (well, I don't know where it comes from!!

I called the Town of Black Mountain, and they nicely checked if they were doing work on Blue Ridge Rd. Nope.

So I called Spectrum and we went through a recording which didn't give me a chance to have a cable outage for internet just for TV. I hung up. I called again and talked to a real person, who incidentally wanted to know problems with the recorded choices. Anyway we went through the standard re-boot procedures. My cable was restored. No need for a technician. Who knows how those guys at the ditch did something.

Today they are back...

This close post is a motion detected light, probably solar powered.

He's adding very big rocks to the ditch, and tamping them down.

The rocks are coming from the dump truck, which tilted so he could get the last of the load.


And that's the rest of the story. 

Today's quote:

I think our journey is all about healing ourselves and healing each other in our own special ways.

RAM DASS

10 comments:

  1. ...most days our Spectrum service is great,but when it isn't, it isn't!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've certainly improved the customer service in that it only took two calls to get a real person.

      Delete
  2. At least it's a different subject for photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    First, I have to say I love the painted mural on the fence, well done. As far as our cable service goes, at times there is no reason why it goes out. We do not have a choice so we are stuck with what we have here. Happy St. Patrick's Day! Take care, have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a choice either. I love the mural on the fence too! Happy St. Patty's Day to you all too!

      Delete
  4. I love that fence in your header! It’s been a long time since my cable went out. Is it bad luck to say that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Saint Patrick's Day. I love the Ram Dass quote. Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy St. Patrick's Day. The fence with the mural is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They do say that life is, sometimes, a ditch.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.