Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Friday, March 31, 2023

Last of March

 

Japanese Maple isn't making much of a statement this spring.

There have certainly been some challenges for me this month. First getting fired (it felt like that, but I was just a volunteer!) from editing Tidings newsletter for my church, then Pneumonia. Actually part of the reason I was asked to step down was my frequent fevers that kept me from coming to meetings. These have been with me for months, at least December. So now that I've finally bottomed out, and am on the mend, I sure hope they won't occur again.


And there have been joys this month as well. Meeting with friends either for just coffee and a few minutes, or lunches that could extend for hours...a great thing that some of us were really glad to return to after the pandemic.

I love seeing spring flowers, and with a very warm Feb. there were lots out already then, but some still continued to surprise me this month.


In front of the Arbor House B&B a bed of daffodils is still blooming.


Today's quote:

Speculation is perfectly all right, but if you stay there you've only founded a superstition. If you test it, you've started a science. -Hal Clement, science fiction author (30 May 1922-2003)

10 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I am glad you are feeling better. It is a joy to spend time with your friends. Love the flowers! Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s nice to see your daffs. We will wait a little while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yet, we will all celebrate yours when they arrive! Waiting longer makes them all the more pleasant.

      Delete
  3. I am so glad you are feeling better and enjoying gatherings with your friends. I love seeing the beautiful daffodils of spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too, both like feeling well enough to meet friends, and go out, and also seeing the beautiful flowers of spring!

      Delete
  4. Spring here must wait- it's snowing again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, there winter says it has hold of you still. Sometime in the next few months however...

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.