Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Tanbark Ridge overlook, elevation 3175 feet, Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina. The road seen in upper left is the parkway as it continues northeast. Can you see the little houses, including my favorite, the red roofed one?

Tuesday, March 28, 2023

My friend's electric car

 

I've seen it parked before, but this was my first chance to ride in it.

One little control wand, and a very sci-fi lookin' dash


Friend is changing gears on the control wand, and away we go.

Very spacious front seat

Smaller area in back seat, plus the half door in back seat doesn't even open unless the front door is open. I would sure be uncomfortable there...no way out!



Today's quote:

There is freedom in admitting that you don’t know something, as that allows for a new learning experience to emerge.

18 comments:

  1. ...the future, but still has some bugs to be worked out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. It felt like the Jetsons would be right around the next corner.

      Delete
  2. Hello,
    Looks cute, I think more electric chargers are needed, placed in convenient places. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed. My friend can't go cross country in this, not enough charge to go long distances between chargers.

      Delete
  3. That is a nice looking car. I would love to have an electric car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another friend has a Prius, not very new, but she glories in her gas mileage.

      Delete
  4. I keep hoping the advent of these is slow enough for me to miss the takeover, lol! Where we live such a car is totally impractical and I do wonder how that problem will be resolved if gas engines are not allowed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt it will be in our lifetimes...but you never know!

      Delete
  5. A BMW. They’re all getting into the act.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't noticed until I started around it with my phone...it sure has nice lines. I looked it up and it's a model i3. None of the BMW photos would copy though.

      Delete
  6. The prices on these cars are coming down so more people will buy them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right. Above my pocketbook still!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Yes, but like the Edsel, they are trying to meet the market demands...and are hopeful still.

      Delete
  8. We decided to go with the hybrid and let time pass before attempting the plug in hybrid or all electric. That back door would worry me too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good choice I think, since electric plug-ins are so few and far between. my friend has 2-3 dogs, so they are probably in the back seat sometimes.

      Delete
  9. Very nice looking but, yikes! that back seat.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.