Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Tanbark Ridge overlook, elevation 3175 feet, Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina. The road seen in upper left is the parkway as it continues northeast. Can you see the little houses, including my favorite, the red roofed one?

Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Trailer at the grocery store

 I don't go to the campgrounds around here, so I was pleased to see this Airstream trailer in the grocery store parking lot. 



So I went around the other side to see more of it. What a fun compact little home this must be. But I didn't see the license plate! Sorry! But there's only one men's bike on the rack. So that says something.


Today's quote:

And if it’s true we are alone, we are alone together, the way blades of grass are alone, but exist as a field.

ROSEMERRY WAHTOLA TROMMER

16 comments:

  1. Hello,
    The airstream looks like a cool way to travel. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been inside one that I can remember. But I have heard they are very well built and tidy. Of course that appeals to me, being a bit shabby and messy.

      Delete
  2. I can’t imagine hauling that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A home away from home for some and a home, period for others. It is a different sort of life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like traveling. But with age I prefer the comforts of hot water showers and plug in electricity. A million or so years ago that would have been a lovely place to live.

      Delete
  4. That's the size of the trailer on the Marine Corps base that John and I lived in the first year of our marriage, Compact is the word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness. As I just mentioned, when I was young, I could live a lot smaller and simpler!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Yes indeed. I follow a bogger who apparently doesn't read other blogs, but just YouTubes about other campers. He lives with a cat named Beans.

      Delete
  6. I've driven across country many times... once in a pickup truck with a homemade camper on the back. I would love to do that again in something more comfortable like this trailer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is certainly worth doing, a few times if you get the chance!

      Delete
  7. The beginning of a story, a man on a journey, alone? My third son, who is single, has a nice camper and thought he would travel with it, but so far he has only used it a couple times. Maybe this summer he'll break out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a particular urge that I call wander-lust. With that, you don't want to stay in any one place for very long, always looking to the horizon for new opportunities.

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.