Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk July 24, 2024

Thursday, June 13, 2024

Art in Bloom at the Black Mountain Center for the Arts

I've been a docent at various gardens in the past, but this year I volunteered for different jobs.

I'll be at the gallery level offering beverages to early visitors this year (see the tub of cool wine bottles on the far right).



The Gala evening the first chance to view these wonderful displays of the pairing of a floral arrangement after a painting or sculpture.


Some friends I know are enjoying their cocktails on the deck outside the gallery.


Maggie puts lots of elements together to help create a memorable event.


From last year's party. Notice each connoisseur holding their wine glass!

This is of course a fund-raiser for the Center for the Arts...so attendees are those who really understand how important the arts in all forms are to the community!

Photos courtesy of Center for the Arts on Facebook.

And my next volunteer position will be on Saturday to welcome visitors to the show.


9 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun, Barb! Beautiful displays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a volunteer I will get a chance to see the displays too!

      Delete
  2. The gallery looks very nice, have fun! Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds lovely! And good on you for volunteering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm home again, quite exhausted. But it was pretty easy standing there pouring wine. I just think I'm still recuperating,

      Delete
  4. No doubt you are good at whatever they have you doing,

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.