Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk June 12, 2024

Friday, June 28, 2024

Hot and blooming

 

The coleus is bolting...so I've put this planter in a shadier spot. 

My over-wintered geraniums are still giving slightly feeble looking flowers, but they make up for it by being abundant.


The apartment grounds are full of many varieties of day lilies.




My apple mint is needing to be harvested. But since a nice spider was living on it for weeks, I've been hesitant. Soon...


Sharing with Floral Friday Fotos 



Today's quote:

When we are willing to be intimate with what actually is here now, to look directly at all of our experience, we might recognize that this is our life, however different from our thoughts and ideas about it.

ROSHI PAT ENKYO O'HARA




11 comments:

  1. Beautiful variety of flowers. The lilies are favorites. Take care, have a happy day and a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have a great weekend too, Eileen. Thanks for your thoughts on my blog.

      Delete
  2. I don't know what is happening. It's 45F here this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a cool day with rain yesterday, not sure if it's still around or not today. Geese, you all have weather changes that are simply unbelievable!

      Delete
  3. ...day lilies are beautiful, but only for a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, and somehow they bloom in those huge bunches for weeks!

      Delete
  4. No matter where I plant coleus they eventually bolt. I just pinch them out, or leave them for butterflies, hummingbirds, and to develop seeds for the next year. I once sold many of the seeds on Etsy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had one go to seed, since I do pinch back the main shoot to encourage wider growth. And then when it gets huge, I usually take cuttings and start some new ones!

      Delete
  5. So pretty! That geranium is a go-getter for sure.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.