Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk June 12, 2024

Sunday, June 2, 2024

What one thing would you give up?

 Is there something that you are willing to give up to have another thing of much value that has always seemed out of reach?

This sounds like a lifetime desire, but I'm actually thinking of more immediate thoughts.

Perhaps a habit (this comes to my mind first) that keeps me from reaching my exercise goals? The habit is sitting at computer mainly.

Or the habit (noticing a theme here) that says I can always eat sweets, somehow not connecting them to my desire to lost those last 10 pounds?

I don't know what I want enough to give up the other thing. That's the quandary.

This Saturday I was smacked with fever and a fever blister on my septum on my nose...so stayed home from the market. Nothing was different than the night before (using C-PAP to help breathing) and it was cool enough outside (50 degrees F) I had the heat on.

I'm glad that on Friday I managed to go into the studio for a half hour and glaze the last piece I've made. And I have 2 more ready to bisque fire. I'm signed up to do some clay work tomorrow afternoon. Who knows if I will feel up to it.

I keep thinking that I could bounce through things like his easily 10 years ago. I wonder where the step was on what threshold where I'd no longer have bounce capability.

That would be nice to go back to and see how I could change it.

Mmm, time travel eh?

I warned someone yesterday that I had a fever and might express the feverish thoughts that come my way. Sorry about that.

I think I'll take a nap.

11 comments:

  1. I often think of the difference between people. Some choose the food while others choose the thin look. In reality, I don't think it's a choice at all. We're either disposed one way or t'other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...bouncing through things is as easy these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially when taking baby steps to just get to the kitchen!

      Delete
  3. I can't think of anything I want, I am happy with a simple life Not needing too much of anything. Take care, have a great day and happy week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear. A totally satisfied woman/blogger!

      Delete
  4. Certainly no need to apologize! You are a thoughtful person and now we are thinking too. Thanks for always being so companionable. I hope you feel excellent very soon Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cloudia and Pixie. I imagine having a cat purring next to me about now, thinking of companionable! What wonder they are!

      Delete
  5. That's a tough question. At this point I can''t think of what I'd trade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I'd want to be more in the body I had a few years ago...and wonder why I can't exactly make that happen. Reality Barb...at almost 82.

      Delete
  6. Hmmm...what would I give up to have something I dearly want? I suppose first I have to identify the wanted thing. Flexibility in my hands again, yes. I would give up whatever would make that happen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm so glad you said that. Looking at all my decrepitude, I sure could go without a bunch of it!

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.