Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk July 24, 2024

Thursday, June 6, 2024

While I was sleeping

 ...or at least healing.

The week and a half since I saw the house build on First St. showed this. I would have tried for another shot, but suddenly there was this unhappy car passing around me. I forgot to even put on my blinkers, I think my mental acuity was still not at the highest level. I drove home carefully.






And I paused before coming inside, to snap this of the porch plants. I finally watered them  after 2 days of forecasts that were fabrications. None of the pottery sculpture has been dragged out again, and I'm thinking of letting some of it go...which is a big trick with heavy pottery. My son said he's going to get rid of some of his sculptures (which these are also).

So the rest of Wednesday was pretty subdued. Listened to my book a while, watched NCIS old shows and Jeopardy from last month. Life is simple.

Grateful and hoping the fever cycle is behind me. No coughing at least (this was at 9 pm Wed.)


Today's quote: 

What wisdom can you find that is greater than kindness? 

-Jean Jacques Rousseau, philosopher and author (1712-1778)

11 comments:

  1. The house looks nice! Your plants look pretty. I like a simple life. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so tiny in footprint! But it's also a prime location, right in the heart of town.

      Delete
  2. ...and a simple life is good, take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I woke up thinking, why am I doing this, or that? Will wonder a bit today.

      Delete
  3. I hope the 'no coughing' continues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It is certainly a good day when that occurs. Now to get my mind, and blog away from my physical being.

      Delete
  4. Glad you're feeling better friend. Yes, a simple life and a good Jeopardy definitely make us feel better. Have a wonderful day aloha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Jeopardy when I know one answer in a field...certainly not enough to yell them out!

      Delete
  5. I used to be able to answer almost all the Jeopardy questions, but I bet I would do very badly today.
    Take care of yourself, Barb. Sounds like you are considering changes, and that might be a good thing.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.