Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk July 24, 2024

Saturday, June 1, 2024

A few little critters


 

Puff isn't the least disturbed by John Wayne who's on a leash. She's in a nice warm spot, and can keep an eye on him.


She kind of is teasing him I think.





Though I know John Wayne can bark, he made nary a sound.

From the internet! Love their little pink noses!


With permission from their mother, I took this pic of these 7 month old twins.




And look what I spied through the crowd! I gestured to take it's photo, got a nod yes, and "excused me" through to get closer.

She said she's holding one hand, so he can't fly away. I wish I'd learned more about him. I looked up various parrots, but none had a red beak. I wonder if she'll come to the Tailgate Market again (like the twins did!)
As noted below in a reply to a comment, I stayed home from the market today with a fever, so that's why I'm blogging instead. I might say some interesting things in my feverish state, however!
Oh and look at comments to see the name of this parrot!

Today's quote:

“It may be that you are not yourself luminous, but that you are a conductor of light. Some people without possessing genius have a remarkable power of stimulating it.”
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Sharing with Eileen's Saturday Critters



15 comments:

  1. ...Barbara, what an interesting mix!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Tom. I'm finding short comments often go to spam, even if I make them!

      Delete
    2. But in no way am I discouraging short comments...it just takes a while before I find them and post them!

      Delete
  2. Oh, the cow and the cat! Sisters from different mothers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may remember me posting of the guy who rides his red parrot round town. Well, we saw him again. No pic though as he was on the other side of the street and pedaling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you must get your bike out and follow him to capture the parrot. She said tongue in cheek knowing this would only be possible if you were some 30 year old guy. Not that there's anything wrong with you and your being of an age, which just means, those fleeting thoughts are very quickly dismissed.

      Delete
  4. Great variety, John Wayne and Puff are cute, love the adorable twins and the cow with the kitty. I am not sure but I did a google search on parrot and the one you have in the photo looks like a Eclectus Parrot, it is colorful. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting the Saturday Critters for so many of us bloggers to share together!

      Delete
  5. moliccan eclectus, male. The females are bright red and blue- so says google. what a lovely bird- so far from his native land! Unusual to see one just hanging out on a finger! Pup torments cat- Cat sees that pup is on leash, no worries- "be cute".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed. So glad you could find the name of our pretty parrot. I stayed home from the market today with a fever, so that's why I'm blogging instead. I might say some interesting things in my feverish state however!

      Delete
    2. She assured me she was holding tight to the parrots hand. I'd never considered their claws as a hand, but that must been the relationship.

      Delete
  6. I hope you feel better soon. I know you love to be out and about...like I do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun post, Barb! I do hope you are feeling better, not good having a fever. The parrot is amazing, the colors just look unreal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute critters and precious babies! Get well!

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.