Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk June 12, 2024

Sunday, June 30, 2024

Summertime fun

 



The pool is open, and a lot of families' cars use the same parking places the seniors are used to using. Sometimes a whole busload of children from a camp nearby will come and let out all those children to swim. I don't know if there's a limit to how many people are allowed in the pool!

Early morning I am able to get a parking place, but not if I arrive at noon. The hot weather brings a lot of families to the pool.


Today's quote:

The answer to control is practicing surrender.



11 comments:

  1. I have a memory of my friend and me biking to the pool every afternoon. It seems like 'every' in my memory, but I imagine that it was just 'often'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My folks took us a few times to outdoor pools in St. Louis summers. I don't think either of them liked going.

      Delete
  2. When I was young in Florida, summers revolved around getting to one pool or another. Fortunately, one was in walking distance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed, a good thing for children in the summertime!

      Delete
  3. Nice submarine post. Thank you dear. May you always find a parking space. Aloha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laughing out loud at submarine post name! Not me!

      Delete
  4. Pools always have been popular. We used to go the Y on family night, it was lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m sure there’s a limit but maybe they don’t reach it very often.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.