Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Sunday, April 23, 2023

Cat sitting

A lovely drive up to the house where Miss Cat lives. Friends decided to go to FL to see her sister, so they asked me to drop by twice a day to feed Miss Ella Cat. I've done this before for them when they had 2 cats.

Anyway, here are some photos I snapped last night on the drive up the mountain in Swannanoa.

A lovely variety of Azalea - at first I thought Rhododendron because of the color...but the leaves are wrong.


Two views of a bit of a mansion, with lots of landscaping all around.


Next house up the slope is also well landscaped and architect designed.

View of same house through windshield as I left the next morning. That sounds like I spent the night, but I went up and down the mountain each time!


First view of my friends house...he is an architect so designed it himself.

Finally at my destination. 

Cat hasn't come out from under the covers on the bed yet. But yesterday she ate all her food. I'm thinking she must be nocturnal. We shall see tomorrow.


I did peek under these covers to make sure she was alright. She looked back at me. Eye contact made!

Today's quote:


13 comments:

  1. ...fabulous neighborhood. Technically all azaleas are rhododendrons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know that about azaleas. We've got them both wild in the mountains.

      Delete
  2. Hello,
    Nice neighborhood, the houses are pretty. It is funny the cat is hiding under the covers!
    Have a happy day and a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Ellie (I mistakenly thought her name was Ella) is shy. I did make sure to check that she was alive each day! I couldn't imagine her owners coming home and there was no more Miss Ellie!

      Delete
  3. That’s a nice little excursion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked doing it, since I don't have many committments in the last week, until Saturday that is.

      Delete
  4. I love that last shot. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't tell your kittehs, they might start following the trend!

      Delete
  5. A lovely journey there to feed that very finely hidden kitty cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice to go different times of day to see the spring blooms, and the nice landscaping.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I have to wonder how she reacted when her owners got home on Friday!

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.