Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Monday, April 24, 2023

Rewards for cat sitting

 Well of course I was paid by owners of Miss Ella cat. But in order to feel very special, I treated myself, and a friend to a cup of fresh coffee and a scone before going home.

My friend happens to work across the street from this sweet locally owned coffee shop. She's the daytime attendant at the Ingles big gas station...in a little office where she sells things like cigars and lottery tickets.

Situated in a little strip mall, with a great Mexican place next door, is Moment's Coffee Bar.

Several comfy aread with wi-fi, easy to sip and read news.



Besides fresh roasted coffee they have scones. I keep trying different flavors, because they always are sold out of my favorite (nuts and cinnamon) by the time I get there!

They are actually in the next little town closer to Asheville, NC - not Black Mountain. Shhh! Swannanoa is unincorporated, and named after the river and the valley in which we all live.


Today's quote:

From our first breath to our last, awe moves us to deepen our relations with the wonders of life and to marvel at the vast mysteries that are part of our fleeting time here, guided by this most human of emotions.

DACHER KELTNER


13 comments:

  1. The coffee bar looks nice, I would like a cinnamon scone. YUM! Take care, have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you'd get there early enough for the fresh cinnamon scones!

      Delete
  2. ...Dacher Keltner has got it right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to try some of those scones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to go there as a treat only occasionally or I'd be as big as a blimp!

      Delete
  4. It looks like an amenable café, especially with that comfy couch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can have the couch...I prefer sitting at a table. Especially with coffee!

      Delete
  5. Looks like a lovely place to enjoy a scone and some fresh-roasted coffee. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got some "robust roast" freshly perked. That was really good coffee. My chocolate cherry scone wasn't as much like a scone...more like cupcake I guess. I'll go back to scones with things added.

      Delete
  6. The place looks nice and inviting. I'd love to have a scone but I would just get a plain one. The place down the road from us have cheese and herb scones, very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A plain one is delicious. Moments has some savory ones, and some with hot spices which I'm not interested in. The ones with berries are pretty good.

      Delete
  7. Looks like a pleasant place to linger.

    I’m sure you’ve seen the shipping containers on trucks. Picture a tractor-trailer. The trailer is one of those containers on a wheeled frame. Very efficient.

    A big crane takes them off the ship, puts them on a truck frame. A truck takes them to a train, and another crane lifts it and puts it down on the flat car and it crosses the country to be lifted by another crane and placed on another truck, which takes to a distribution center for a chain of stores.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.