Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Saturday, April 29, 2023

How long have I been blogging?

 Somewhere there might be a stat listing when I started each blog - there are about 8 of them currently, some of which are private. Did you know that's an excellent way to keep track of notes on a similar subject? Well I'm doing that.

Anyway, I know I've deleted at least one blog, as no longer being something I wanted to have known, even if just by Mr. Google/Blogger.

The oldest one I found had been started in Nov. 8, 2008.

Wow. 

I retired in August, 2007. So I must have found this a fun way to record the doings of a retired person, enjoying making pottery, going to various interesting (to me) functions, and sharing my life here. Actually that blog was one I posted about the clay studio here in Black Mountain. I kept it up for years. But now I no longer make things with clay, and focus more on photos and writing on this keyboard rather than on paper.

So I guess I should mark that date and consider the next time it comes around as my blog-a-versery.

Today's quote: 

Create a soft place to land in your home a refuge from the stress of the day.

14 comments:

  1. Hello,
    You have a few years on me, I started in 2009. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so fun having some friendship bloggers who comment frequently with each other.

      Delete
  2. I didn start a travel blog, but then I didn’t travel, so it sits. There was another brief one once, but it has mostly just been this blog although it has appeared in different places at different times. I once had it on my own website and once on the other platform.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many different venues were competing for our attention!

      Delete
  3. We started the The New Dharma Bums back in 2004 when we first retired and moved to the Olympic Peninsula in Washington. It's when I got my first camera and learned about birds. I love the world that our fellow bloggers have shown us. Thank you for still being here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's a great history of your blog. Please write more about it when your anniversary comes around!

      Delete
  4. A long time blogger indeed! I started my main blog on January 8, 2007. I had no idea exactly what I would write about. I had been doing a print newsletter for my storytelling for about 3 years, and thought the blog might be something like that. It has evolved over the years, now no longer about storytelling but more just about home life and gardens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to read about your life and gardens. Being a story teller, you write very interesting blogs!

      Delete
  5. And many people have been at it much longer than myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm another long haul blogger. My first posts were in December of 2007 It's become a habit and a way of keeping track of my life through the seasons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it too...a good way to journal, with friendly (mostly) comments!

      Delete
  7. My writers blog started in 2010 and has become a once a week thing. My photoblog started in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I started on the fourth of January 2009.. never imagined that I would still be blogging on now!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I started in 2005. Blogger keeps track through the Blog Archive gadget in my sidebar.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.