Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Thursday, April 6, 2023

Food is good

 

Whether prepared lovingly in my kitchen, or pulled out of containers in the fridge, or sitting with friends...I do like to eat!

A big pile of mixed lettuce with fried onion rings and spicy green goddess dressing, a good serving of seafood cocktail, and a cut up banana. This is a common luncheon at my place. The green salad is prepared and called "That Salad" at a local catering outlet known as The Little Sprout.

A chicken pot pie served in a "Barbara bowl." Yes, bowl is my creation! Delicious pot pie was made by friend Scott C.

A variation of my favorite, Baja Shrimp Tacos. The variation was having popcorn shrimp today.


A full meal of quesidilla, rice, beans and lettuce. 



Today's quote:
 
"I MAY BE COMPELLED TO FACE DANGER, BUT NEVER FEAR IT, AND WHILE OUR SOLDIERS CAN STAND AND FIGHT, I CAN STAND AND FEED AND NURSE THEm."
Clara Barton, nurse, founder of the American Red Cross



14 comments:

  1. The food all looks yummy. I would love the shrimp tacos. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, stay away from my shrimp tacos...oh, you can have your own, sorry, I'm perhaps a bit possessive of mine! Just joking of course. Happy hump day!

      Delete
  2. ...I love to eat and it shows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing a bit of touring around taking photos can't cure!

      Delete
  3. Too good, and my tastes run to eating to much of the wrong things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too have such a desire for things, like cheesecake for desert after that chicken pot pie. It was gone too fast for a photo!

      Delete
  4. I love getting food ideas from blog posts like this. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks...I never though of inspiring anyone else to fix food, but I guess seeing a photo of something would certainly prompt that!

      Delete
  5. The shrimp taco looks so delicious. I've had fish tacos but never shrimp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was mistakenly given a fish taco when ordered shrimp taco. It was ok. They bread their fish and deep fry it, I prefer a grilled fish. Yep I still like my seafood!

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.