Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Friday, April 28, 2023

THis week's goings on

 

My new orchid, which my friend has found the name for.  A Clivia. Thanks Susan!

My homemade immitation crab salad. I stopped halfway through to take a photo.

What looking out my window gives today. The maple leaves are at a small size still, so the mountain is still visible.

My friend drove up to the Spruce Pine area where we passed these mines.

Spruce Pine has a history of mining, but I think now they just mine silica for technological use.

My friend was given this wonderful steel cart for holding ware boards. It was welded steel, and several guys loaded it onto her truck. I hope Cathy finds two more strong people to unload it. 


I loved these wonderful tall pines. Not sure the movie I took will work. It's a good test.

My second cataract removal went well, not quite as much fun watching the colors while my eye was completely numb and being altered. But you only have your first eye surgergy once! I'm thinking my level of anxiety was lower, so perhaps that affected my psychedelic experience. I thought it interesting that all the young nurses would say, "Oh you're from that era." when I used the psychedelic term. They would just say, kaleidoscope colors. Yep, I'm a old hippy. Love them physhedellic colors!

Sharing with Skywatch Friday.





Today's quote:

Between the dark sky and the dark earth we hang a light in a dark tree and sing of our wonder together.

PIR ELIAS AMIDON

18 comments:

  1. Glad the op went ok
    A bakery rack!
    I will have to post a photo of the one eldest son made for me..when it gets unearthed from the heap of stuff in the workshop!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I've always called it a ware rack...with boards across to hold pots just made or in other stages of development. I agree, baker's racks are fantastic to hold a heap of stuff.

      Delete
  2. ...to one old hippy from another!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of think you "outed" yourself when you said you were wearing your tie-dyed shirt the other day. Cheers!

      Delete
  3. Hello,
    I wish you and your eye a quick recovery. Love the images from the drive and the tall pines video. Take care, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, your positive comments do set off my day...and I always look forward to reading them. I've got pets this week for tomorrow's critters!!

      Delete
  4. We have green showing now on our trees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad the eye surgery went well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love seeing the views there. I'm still thinking about cataract surgery and whether I'm really brave enough to do it. At this point, my answer is still... no, not ready. I'm so glad yours went well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was sorry mine had to wait till this late in my life...it would have been nice to have had it done ten years ago or so.

      Delete
  7. LOL at your psychedellic experience! I had catact surgery in one eye years ago. The other eye seems to be doing OK, but it means my L eye vision is very different from my R eye vision. Very trippy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is definitely trippy! I wondered why you said you only had one eye done.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. The town is known for mining mica and kaolin clay in the past, but depends on mining silica for the tech industry now.

      Delete
  9. So glad the surgery went well! Love that salad in your poppy bowl. And yes, old hippie here too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad your surgery went well. It looks like you have been busy.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.