Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Mugs with Poppies

 An edited repost from 2018

--------------------

I like a design, so I go with it EVERYWHERE!

From the first 4 mugs, to now 2 more different sizes and shapes...there are now a dozen with hand painted poppies a la Georgia O'Keeffe designs.  I am thrilled with them, because I like her paintings.  They aren't decals, they aren't even drawn on first, but just brush after brush of different colors of Mayco Stroke And Coat glazes, red, black, orange, turquoise and yellow.  That's it.

The white is studio satin white.
The black liner is studio matt black.




 We're the curvy girls. Sizes from 12 oz to 20 oz.

 And we're the straight sided differently sized ones!  Holding from 14 oz to 20 oz.

Straight? Curved?  

-------------------------------
If I were to do these over again I'd go with white liners rather than black. At the time I wanted the striking contrast, but my patrons (and myself) have complained that it's hard to see how far you've poured the coffee against the black liners. Sorry about that.

Quote for today:

Ralph Waldo Emerson said, “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment…” and “Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” 

7 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I love the poppies and mugs. Great quote! Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's kind of humbling to think of Emerson making blunders and abserdities!

      Delete
  2. I’m a guy. I like to see curves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both kinds of mugs. Your pottery work is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.