Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Saturday, April 8, 2023

May I have a dance?

 



A rather scary continence on this lady, dressed so prettily in her yellow hat and dress...but remember May 5 is coming, the Dio de los Muertos...for Americanized hispanics. I'm told Mexicans in Mexico don't celebrate like we do. But it is a day to honor the dead, or departed, or those who have passed. However you choose. Ancestors is good.

And she stands inside Ole' Guacamoles Restaurant in Black Mountain NC.

On a more personal note this week I drove through the intersection where I'd had my accident last Augusts...for the first time. I had avoided it, thinking my own eyesight was partly to blame for not seeing a car behind a huge SUV. But mainly I was hesitant to get back on the horse. So now I've done it. I feel better about myself. I was extremely cautious, like the rabbit! Maybe like the one who's going to hide Easter Eggs tomorrow for the kiddies to find.


Today's quote:

Clara Barton once said, "I may sometimes be willing to teach for nothing, but if paid at all, I shall never do a man's work for less than a man's pay." 

11 comments:

  1. Cool statue, I like it! I am glad you feel better about driving again. Happy Easter to you and yours! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It is a dangerous intersection, and I've enjoyed alternate routes, so may continue to do that. The statue is kind of silly, a dance from a skelleton says to me that death isn't the end after all.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Good point. And I'm driving a better, safer car as a result...another good thing.

      Delete
  3. ..she looks like she is left over from the Day of the Dead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for driving through that intersection and working through your hesitation about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't mean I'm going to do it many morew times, I think my choice of alternate routes was a good idea which I may continue.

      Delete
  5. It's good to get the accident in the rear view mirror and get your confidence stronger again.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.