Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Thursday, April 27, 2023

The cycle of blooms

 

My little cactus doesn't care for the holidays, and decided to give me a bloom this week. She had one a few weeks ago also.

The orchid blooms are falling off the stem now, one or two each night. The other plant's blooms haven't started to die yet.

Sharing with Floral Friday Blooms

Today's quote:

Sometimes a part of us must die, before another part can come to life.


10 comments:

  1. ...I have two orchids that have lost their blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cactus blooms and the orchid. Beautiful flowers. Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your beautiful flowery photos make me want to photograph our African Violet here. More blooms than its ever had before, and we've had the plant for almost 30 years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine bloomed in January, so much for being a christmas cactus. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It happens. The amaryllis has two blooms left but not for long. Easter lily is all done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny cactus! I have barely been able to keep mine alive. I am just no good with succulents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They certainly bloom on their own schedule! I have an amaryllis just opening now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Auch ich habe so einen Kaktus, meiner blüht gerade !
    https://kreativ-im-rentnerdasein.blogspot.com/2023/04/der-unermutliche.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I also have such a cactus, mine is blooming right now!" Thanks for your comment!

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.