Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Thursday, April 13, 2023

Easter sharing

 Yes, it was last Sunday, but this is when I had a chance to post a blog about it. 

While you read this, maybe not quite as early in the morning as some of you, I'll be getting ready for my cataract in my right eye to be removed. Sure, everyone says it's a piece of cake, and over fast, and I'll be so glad. But it's my EYE. I love it. I cherish it. I don't want it to hurt. OK, that's my inner child expressing her anxiety. Now my adult self will take me, and my eye to get the doctor to fix it. I'll be back here tomorrow (because I've already pre-dated a post).

A late invitation to share Easter dinner with a good friend...I said yes! 

Her feast started with wine and crackers and brie in the living room, then in dining room this platter and a different wine greeted us! I admitted to trying to be on a plant based diet, but did try the leg of lamb. It was tasty, and her elderberry jam did just the right combination. Of course roasted veggies were my favorite!

A wonderful glass of  Chambord Black Raspberry liqueur at tea time. She brought out this nice set which she purchased in Miami, but it doesn't say the pottery on the bottoms. I especially liked the cream/sugar stack.

Our friend used to be a caterer in her professional days. We met her when we all were at the Black Mountain community clay studio in the past (ahem) 15 years.


My contribution to the holiday. I also took home a baby aloe since I have been looking for one and she had some waiting to be potted. Fortuitous I'd say.

Today's quote:


The best way to predict the future is to invent it. -Alan Kay, computer scientist (b 1940)


13 comments:

  1. Hello Barbara,
    I hope all goes well with your cataract surgery, wishing you a quick recovery. Your Easter meal looks yummy. The flower is pretty. Take care , have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks. One done...some interesting adventures before-hand.

      Delete
  2. ...I would have said yes too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love her cooking, and serving. A real hostess with the mostess!

      Delete
  3. You'll be fine and be a pro at putting the drops in by tomorrow when you return to doctor. Now if I need to see something without glasses on I close my right eye and let the left do the work. Will you have both eyes done or just one like me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely closing right eye...it's so glaring, bright, and actually blueish in the clarity compared to my yellow still cataracted left eye. I'm planning to have left one done in 2 weeks.

      Delete
  4. Looks like a lovely Easter feast there. Hope all goes well with the cataract surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty flowers! Best wishes on the surgery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm home and have very different vision now in right eye. Not corrected by these glasses. So left eye will be doing the work for now!

      Delete
  6. Generally these procedures go smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the best with the surgery. Minor surgeries are what other people have. They seem major enough when it’s our turn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks delicious! Hope the cataract surgery went well!

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.