Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Sunday, April 2, 2023

Poppies on bowls and mugs

 

From my O'Keefe period, 2018-19.  My good friend Teresa loved the bowls, so she has a set. I even wished her a happy birthday along the rim of one. But I kept a few for myself too!

I'm not fishing for complements here, just recording this part of my life, which is past now. As the pandemic hit, I isolated, and that was just the right time to turn in my clay tools.

A FB friend talked about chapters of one's life. Each is to be enjoyed, and when it's over, close it up an get engaged in the next. 


Today's quote:

A warrior perseveres in the face of adversity, stands up for their beliefs, and speaks in the service of those who cannot.

14 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I love all your poppy items, they are so pretty. Love your new header photo too. Take care, have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen, so glad to hear from you in a comment. Thanks for hosting Sat. Critters, which I always enjoy!

      Delete
  2. ...this week our PBS station had a program about Georgia O'Keeffe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, then you probably know more about her than I do, though I've read her bio, my memory is phth!

      Delete
  3. I love seeing photos of your beautiful art and your new header. Beauty all around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to share with you. Hope you all are doing well!

      Delete
  4. I really love these pieces, Barb. Beautiful work. Like you, the pandemic gave me a chance to pause, take stock, and decide to leave my storytelling career behind. It's always best to quit at the top of one's game, right? I have rarely regretted the decision.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know you also did a major change with the pandemic. I wonder how many people made positive steps at that time.

      Delete
  5. Comment disappeared, so trying again. I love these pieces, just beautiful work. Like you, I left one career behind when the pandemic hit, and do not regret the decision.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...it was found (above). I do think we all feel grateful to be alive, when so many suffered and died...which isn't talked about very much these days.

      Delete
  6. Lovely pieces. Yes, we move through stages of life but it's nice to have some positive and tangible reminders of those different times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thought, though right now I'm a bit overwhelmed with pottery...need to get the shelves pared down.

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.