Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Friday, April 7, 2023

Local blossoms

 


Though the Old Depot may have it's Christmas ice-cycles still hanging on the eves, the redbud says, "It's Springtime in Black Mountain."

Across the street by a parking lot a dogwood shows it's blooms.




I cropped this one for the header (which phone readers don't get apparently, nor the right side column)

An older tree blossoms with the Fifth Third Bank in the background.

Today's quote: 

From Clara Barton, nurse, founder of the American Red Cross

 "The door that nobody else will go in at, seems always to swing open widely for me."






15 comments:

  1. ...I will be looking forward to dogwood time here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so beautiful to see in the mostly grey woods...except the tops of trees are starting to green up.

      Delete
  2. Hello,
    The trees and blossoms are beautiful. I love the Redbuds. Happy Easter, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Redbuds are really delicate, and hard to photograph, I think. Have a great Easter weekend.

      Delete
  3. Tablet readers get the header and side panel although some of us probably don’t notice them much.

    It looks appropriately Easter-ish there, so enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know the status of blogs on tablets. My mini-iPad has no battery life, nor can it be upgraded any more, so only read library books on it, while plugged in! Considering whether a tablet or newer iPad would be a good way to blog. I do need a real keyboard to type.

      Delete
  4. few dogwoods in nh as i recall. thx for sharing yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THat's interesting. Perhaps winters are too cold.

      Delete
  5. Ah the dogwoods are blooming here too. Lovely photos, and I love your new header.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite time of year!! The blossoms and the lacy new greens!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful blossoms. We don't get redbuds here - our loss, I think.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.