Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk June 12, 2024

Friday, May 17, 2024

A few photos of the aurora borealis (none mine)

 Everyone who could take a photo did, and I saw it on Facebook (because I don't look at the various other social media.)


So here's the collection I've saved:

Black Mountain NC- 3am with a 3 second exposure looking north over the golf course, handheld on an iPhone. Enjoy the aurora borealis!

At Montreat College.


Aurora in Amarillo TX by Kristen Watson w/ Starlink near moon. (I wonder if that was what the man saw who said it was a shooting star.

Aurora in Norway


Aurora lights over the NC coast ( V.Boltik

aurora Rocky Mountain Natoinal Park Colorado Jenna Suen

Auroroa South Cove of Big Lake in Eastern Arizona by R&M Photography - see shooting star next to setting moon.

And as I was reminded, here's AnvilCloud's collage of his photos taken in Canada.


Last night I came home from the studio and my flowers on my porch greeted me with such wonderful scents. I've been breathing pretty carefully these days with pine pollen going everywhere. But this was a symphony. Petunias, apple mint, lavender, geranium, I felt like a bee, just burying my nose into each plant.

Today's quote:

Nature never said to me: Do not be poor. Still less did she say: Be rich. Her cry to me was always: Be independent. -Nicolas de Chamfort, writer (1741-1794)


9 comments:

  1. ...the one by V.Boltik is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't the best here bc cloud cover, but it was something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Norway picture is stunning! They are all beautiful but that Norway one ... OMG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and one FB commenter thought it was AI. It's really hard to tell these days. People who are serious photographers will tell the settings of their cameras, thus authenticating their work. But they seldom bother.

      Delete
  4. All winners, if they are real, one never knows for sure these days- whatever I love them all - a find collection! I went to sleep because that is what I do...Your porch is yummy- inspiring- I think that when the weather improves I may put those delightful choices out on my porch, which is not a porch- just an entrance. Still it would be lovely! Joy inspiring happy scents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda Sue. A simple porch, and hopeful gardener meself. Today I go searching again for a gardenia plant. And of course I'll have to purchase a big pot (my making of pots is limited to what the kiln at the community studio can fire.)

      Delete
  5. I did not get to see the northern lights. I decided to stay at home until my night. Vision gets better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of looked at the clouds, and decided I didn't really enjoy waiting to see if something was visible. The first shot is fairly near me in Black Mountain, but look at the time! This was my best way of seeing auroras.

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.