Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk June 12, 2024

Saturday, May 25, 2024

Critters for this week and...

 At the Black Mountain Tailgate Market May 18,2024


While Amelia was telling me about the Westminster Dog show awards, I saw these canines walking by.

Sorry I missed the photographer's name for this great Road Runner shot showing his iridescent feathers.


And a bonus peak at the sky Thursday afternoon, as I awaited a thunderstorm to appear. But 4 hours later it still had not made it over the mountain ridge. But I didn't water the flowers outside, hoping that rain would take care of them!

And - A Forest is a Kind of Poem - an experience of the forest  as poetry, from Emergence Magazine

Sharing with Skywatch Friday


Sharing with Eileen's Saturday  Critters


Today's quote:

At every moment, we always have a choice, even if it feels as if we don’t. Sometimes that choice may simply be to think a more positive thought.

TINA TURNER

16 comments:

  1. ...let there be rain, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look like nice, well-behaved dogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been pretty fortunate with their owners following market rules.

      Delete
  3. Hello Barb,
    I love the cute dogs! The Roadrunner photo is awesome, I saw one on my Arizona trip, it ran across the road so fast, too fast for me and my camera.
    I like the think positive quote! Thank you for linking up and sharing your critter post. Take care, have a great day and Happy Memorial Day weekend. PS, thanks so much for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dogs are having fun and I love that roadrunner! It's a beautiful time of year there, I know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! Time for summer coming around the bend.

      Delete
  5. That's a threatening sky. Never realized Road Runners have iridescent feathers like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good catch by that photographer, wish I'd saved his name.

      Delete
  6. I enjoyed these very much. You may certainly use a screenshot of my rainbow with the quote you liked: with my happy permission. Have a beautiful Sunday friend. Aloha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cloudia. I hadn't even thought of doing the rainbow as well as the quote, but that's very gracious of you to offer permission! Soon, to be shared here as well.

      Delete
  7. Such an ominous sky, I love the dogs and the roadrunner!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of those clouds whisked on by, but later in the day we did have a lot of rain. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.