Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk June 12, 2024

Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Pitcher plant flowers

 Two kinds of plants have completely different forms of flowers.


The white kind, which are pollinated and give seeds.


These red flowers are sterile



The plant owner also makes beautiful things with copper. I'll have to get photos of that next time.

Today's quote:

In appreciating our neighbor, we’re participating in something truly sacred.

FRED ROGERS


Sharing with Wordless wednesday on tuesday



10 comments:

  1. The pitcher plants are cool. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a friend with lots of Venus Fly Trap plants...need to get some photos of those!

      Delete
  2. I didn't realize some were pollinated and some not., Fascinating.
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2024/05/cat-trap.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, I've never tried to keep them, since I tend to forget to water plants regularly.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I'm quite sure they are swamp type plants, I used to see them growing in ditches by the backroads in Florida.

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.