Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk June 12, 2024

Sunday, May 26, 2024

Tailgate and flowers

 Yesterday's market was so-so. We each had a few sales, but few people even browsed. My partner in crime, the only other Mud Buddy who is active, did much of the work of set up. 

It was another very beautiful day, and I don't know if it finally rained or not, because I was exhausted and came home and ate lunch and took a nap till late afternoon.

But today I'll share some beautiful flowers I saw. 




The roses were a big surprise...and I was really tempted. But when I saw them, I hadn't yet had sales enough to purchase any! 




A local flower farm had other lovely flowers to make bouquets with. 

I didn't come home with anything but pictures of flowers this week! I guess it might have been because I was coughing up a storm some of the time, and even went to sit in my car for about 15 minutes respite. The heat of the car sitting in the partial sun helped warm my lungs again, and I persevered to the end of market at least. The dampness in the air, foreshadowing a possible thunder storm, disturbed my breathing, but we stayed dry at least. I'm grateful for that. 

Today's quote:

All too often, our lives can be spread too thin, and it becomes important to gather our thoughts and center ourselves to become whole again.



12 comments:

  1. Sorry about the lack of sales! The flowers are all a beautiful sight!
    Take care, enjoy your day and have a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eileen. So good to have you able to make comments again, with your bum right hand! Have a great holiday tomorrow!!

      Delete
  2. ...mountain grown roses, I'm suspicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are so obviously shipped in...but I was only interested in the beauty, not the lie.

      Delete
  3. Those flowers are eye popping fabulous!! Thanks you for the photod! We are coughing twins- lordie, will this ever go away?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, sorry to hear you're still coughing. Mine is chronic, but somewhat managed if I am careful. Sucking coughdrops doesn't do much! Hope your cough is gone soon!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Aren't they! And the vendors didn't mind that I only wanted to take their photos.

      Delete
  5. Naps can certainly be a blessing. Glad you are caring for yourself and I enjoyed joining you among the flowers. Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! The mermaid truck is one of a series for a company that sells fish in Hawaii called Eskimo candy

      Delete
    2. That's such a fun name for fish in Hawaii! No wonder they use a mermaid on their trucks!

      Delete
  6. You had a bit of a tough time, but you saw and appreciated some lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.