Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk, May 8, 2024

Thursday, May 2, 2024

Vegan cat and more

 

Lots of blooming tulips - in the grocery store!


A vegan cat!



My bento box scallops teriyaki with California rolls, brown rice, and the dipping sauce after I already ate the spring roll and several other sushi rolls! But this time I did remember to get a photo of some of the food! Sake Sushi is the restaurant, located in Cheshire Village in Black Mountain.

Monday I showed the top of the rosebush next door.

Here's the bottom. What happens when nobody prunes it in the fall.



Today's quote:

“I don’t see how you can be a feminist and not think about men. In order for women to live freely, men have to live freely, too. Being a feminist opens your eyes to the ways men, like women, are imprisoned in cultural stereotypes.”  Susan Faludi , author

7 comments:

  1. ...people rarely understand the importance of proper pruning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really have never owned rose bushes for long. Lots of problems with them. So I appreciate those of others!

      Delete
  2. That bento box looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is my favorite now! I take home quite a bit for a second enjoyment!

      Delete
  3. Pretty tulips and roses. I am not a fan of sushi. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this teriyaki scallops they prepare. Haven't acquired a taste for the rest of sushi though. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. That vegan cat is a hoot! So clever.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.