Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk June 12, 2024

Saturday, May 11, 2024

Saturday's Critters: Ohio and North Carolina

Walking to the commencement ceremony at Ohio State stadium from the parking lot, who should we meet but Canada Geese! And just like our home grounds where they roam, walking on the grass was perilous.



Cody the yappy Pekinese sometimes rests and is quiet. But he's basically the lord of the house of my son and his family in Ohio.

Before I left for my granddaughter's graduation, I walked at my favorite lake...Tomahawk. there was a busy family of Mallards. 

Some strayed far from the parents, and mom made squeaks that were ineffective at getting them back.

Maybe those fearless ducklings met a fate of being some bigger animal's dinner. There were certainly less as the week wore on.

I know someone has photographed a snake in the lake, and of course raccoons must be around, as well as bigger birds. It's a tough life for babies in the springtime.



Then my friend pointed out the Swallowtail butterflies gathered for some salts on the sand by the lake.


 If I'd moved any closer they would have flown away.

Today while you're reading this, at least in the morning hours, I'll be out selling pottery again in the Mud Buddies Booth at the Tailgate Market. It promises to be cool this weekend, and no rain in the forecast. I have just one tub of pots to carry a short distance. But as I packed it yesterday, I found I'd pulled one of my big back muscles, probably during chair yoga. I quickly found a brace that holds me tightly around my middle. I can move around now. Hope that by tomorrow it will have returned to normal.

Enjoy looking at...




5 comments:

  1. ...be careful when walking among Canada geese!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to always hum "Tiptoe through the tulips" in those areas.

      Delete
  2. Hello, Barb,
    Love the photos of the geese, ducklings and the Swallowtails. It is a neat sighting to see the butterflies gathering on the mud area. Good luck with your pottery sales today! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little tasks can be quite daunting. Just a very wee bit of gardening almost floored me yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Careful with your back! Just a wrong turn can grab mine and make life miserable! Hope you sell out and have nothing to load back home.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.