Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk June 12, 2024

Thursday, May 30, 2024

Got to the next day

 I made it through my anxiety about the chemicals that could kill mold being sprayed all around my apartment. I still felt them after going out for a while.

Friend came to pick me up because my car was blocked by the truck and trailer of the pressure wash guys (see below.)


My car is closest on the left just behind the trash corral, facing the black gear on the pressure wash trailer. I got out of my apartment before the sprayer came at my building. At one point I put on a mask, which helped me a bit.

Judy called and said she felt better than a couple of days ago, and wanted to go to lunch. So she called another friend and we met (reminding myself it was Wed.) at Ole's. I am so turned around by a holiday on Mon.

We enjoyed a cool breeze by Flat Creek, for lunch.

My 2 shrimp tacos, a la cart, hit the pocket book at $8.00. Good meal and a good tip was painless.

I came home and took a nap!


Today's quote:

Death can come at any minute, in any way. We do not know what is in store tomorrow, or, whether there is a tomorrow, or even a tonight! But still, we have the golden present. Now we are alive and kicking. What should we do now? Love all, serve all.

SRI SWAMI SATCHIDANANDA


15 comments:

  1. I glad your friend was feeling better, the lunch looks great. I would love the shrimp tacos. Great quote! Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. I have discovered in my spam folder, a lot of your comments...they didn't even come up for me to manage under my comments tab. Sorry about that. I knew you were dealing with your own physical problems, so was under the impression you hadn't been able to comment. Now I've posted them!

      Delete
  2. That was a well-timed outing for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AC...I sure was energized for a short outing, rather than the longer one I'd planned. Fortunately my friend went on her own and came home with lots of books she'd purchased.

      Delete
  3. ...you made it through the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice lunch. Why can't there be places like that near here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of beans and rice are served on most lunches, which sometimes I like...but this has become my cheapo take-out during COVID, or dine in when friends want to do some not-spicy Mexican. Of course there is hot salsas available on the salsa bar.

      Delete
  5. Eight bucks is a bargain! that looks like a perfect lunch! Chemicals all around the Apt- sounds like a not well thought out plan. Glad you are wearing a mask at least! I think I would move out for about a week or two! Also rude of the workers to block your drive! YELP may be requiring a review to let them know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Other residents sat out on the porch watching the man spray the other buildings. I tried joining them in my mask for a while...it is all dry by now, and I've only had a bit of coughing from the chemicals.

      Delete
  6. Your anxiety is certainly understandable! I am glad you were able to get out anyway. Your lunch looks delicious. Amazing price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I love this little restaurant...and going early means getting this prime location. They have opened another one in Asheville, but I haven't visited it yet.

      Delete
  7. Those shrimp tacos look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure were. Very seldom do I think to stop and take a photo of them.

      Delete
  8. What a pain for you.
    Love the tacos!

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.