Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk June 12, 2024

Sunday, May 19, 2024

Mud Buddies Pottery and the Black Mountain Tailgate Market

 Last week I posted my joy at being back at the Tailgate Market in Black Mountain NC HERE.

Being a returning Mud Buddy to sell my pottery is a lot more work than just sitting there, or standing and talking to people. The weather has been just wonderful, though of course thunder storms are due sometime today...(writing this a few hours after I got home.)  

The other member of our group that is there is Amelia Packer. She's wonderful at setting up the little red tent, as well as bookkeeping our sales. I unload my car on First Street, right behind our booth, and she moves it into place, then I set up table and my and Cathy Babula's pottery.

My pots this week. 
Cathy Babula's pottery.  Cathy is out with an injury still, but has many people asking after her. She doesn't have many pieces for sale at this point.

Amelia's pottery

More of Amelia's pottery

A very popular booth with tie-dyed clothing.


A nice raised bed flower garden at the main entrance from the parking lot.

Since I'm so bad with names, I kept notes of people who asked me to say hi to Mud Buddies who weren't there today. As well as connections to other potters in the area. Whew, this little introvert made more effort today to be sociable.









I tried to help Ellen, who has Gaia Rising booth next to ours, with the result of my pinkie getting snagged in a pole connection. Ouch! Nice swelling and bruises, and I'm typing without using it.


There are only a few produce items for sale this early in the year, so plants and baked goods are selling well.  But both Amelia and I sold some pottery, so it was a good day for us. I've now got the touch payment thing working on my phone, so we had a sale each with credit cards. Others are happy to pay in cash since they know we pay a fee to have credit purchases.

I could relax some of the time and enjoy the wonderful oaks that embrace the marketplace. Thank heaven the pollen was low today! (Just Thursday night the pine pollen really hit me hard.)

My favorite shot of a market-goer today!

And a good friend who visited too. She wasn't the only one, I just forgot to snap photos of others!

Today's quote:

Gratefulness opens me up to receive the flow of blessing and connects me with the source of that flow.

RABBI SHEFA GOLD


9 comments:

  1. It's good you're able to do this again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!. When I got to my car after the market closed, I realized I had no memory of that act the week before. Nada. It tells me how tired I was, that week coming home and taking a nap right away, where this week I downloaded photos and started the blog! Then at least lay down for a while, no sleep till nighttime.

      Delete
  2. ...you have a great mud buddy community.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The people in the booths are all interested in being friendly with each other, and I'm glad I wrote notes so I can maybe remember their names. But we are all struggling with that! Should have name tags!

      Delete
  3. What a pretty market! And excellent photos. I would love to get one of your pieces, Barb. Do you ship?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say yes, but I have a backlog from having promised some others to ship some pots to them. So it's iffy at this point. Maybe in June.

      Delete
  4. Your stuff looks good, and I like that cat t-shirt at the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it too, and offered to trade...but we do have a size or 2 difference.

      Delete
  5. Looks like a lot of fun visiting and taking care of potential buyers. White Bear Lake, MN closes downtown every Thursday for a street market. Only 3 hours and so many people. We used to set up and sell stained glass pieces that HeWho made and children's clothes I made. We did quite well in those 3 hours!

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.