Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Thursday, May 4, 2023

After eye exam is not a good time to buy flowers

I keep that baby's breath from one bouquet to the next one, which fills out my small clump of fresh flowers.

Of about 20 vases I've made, sitting on shelves, I need to get some down, wash them off, and either use them or sell them!!

However, I purchased these with both my eyes still dilated, and had on a pair of sunglasses. So these yellow roses have a decidedly dirty looking edge to the petals, which of course is still barely noticeable to me. They are bright, and celebrate my having finished getting the old cataracts removed, so colors are definitely brighter.


  However being able to focus with glasses is still a few weeks away, when my eye Dr. will prescribe new glasses. For now I've found the first eye can read just fine with the old prescription for distance (not at all for the reading part!) So I also feel ok with driving, though my depth perception is still not 100% without binocular vision.

Happy Star Wars Day! On the fourth day of May, fans of the iconic movie franchise celebrate this play on the famous line, “May the force be with you.” And remember, one must not try to celebrate Star Wars Day. “Do, or do not. There is no try.”

Today's quote:

What actually sustains us, what is fundamentally beautiful, is compassion–for yourself and for those around you. That kind of beauty inflames the heart and enchants the soul.

LUPITA NYONG’O

9 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I am glad your eye is recovering, most people are very happy after having the cataracts removed. The flowers and vase are lovely. May the force be with you! Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun to say I just had the eye procedures, and so many people tell me they've already done it and are so happy about it. Just a few say they're still considering it.

      Delete
  2. ...I hope that you make progress with your eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your vase is lovely, as is Amelia's bowl in the previous post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked them both. I just read another blog where fresh Baby's Breath flowers were being used, and here I am using some old ones too!

      Delete
  4. I love seeing your beautiful vase and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin...glad to have your comments always!

      Delete
  5. Once upon a time, Sue’s dad had cataract surgery and then insisted on coming to help me paint the house.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.