Black Mountain

Flat Creek greenways trail (known as Emilee's Walk) on March 13, 2024

Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Cathy Babula's pottery again

 


Potters Market 2019 in Marion NC. And then everything was canceled in 2020.

Some low fired pottery for planters, by Cathy.


Here are some more of Cathy Babula's early work.


My favorite very big mug...for those kinds of mornings!

It also can look like 2 mugs coming and going.

A larger bowl in the design you've seen before.


A nice deep bowl...more than one serving of something.


A vase with whimsical leaves and berries.

And let's not wait till next week...here's the latest pottery by Cathy

A large vase by Cathy Babula...in her new floral design.


This was her display at the first Tailgate Market of the season 2023...first weekend in May! I dare say some of these pots are sold by now.

Today's quotes:

Truth may walk through the world unarmed.

BEDOUIN PROVERB

Those who are awake live in a constant state of amazement. JACK KORNFIELD 


I like talking about things that are taboo because it makes them not taboo anymore. -Sarah Silverman, comedian (b.1970)

8 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Beautiful pottery, I love the bowls, mugs and vases. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm so glad to have purchased these from my friend.

      Delete
  2. ...I like the bright colors best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy's pottery are quite beautiful works of art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And as I washed dishes today, I noticed a hairline crack on the inside of my favorite granola breakfast bowl. That's the way of pottery. If you love it, you use it, and you might damage it. But if you stick it on a shelf, you forget about it. I like using things!

      Delete
  4. Lovely work! I especially like the planters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one of those, they were an experiment, and the little saucers didn't keep water from seeping through their bottoms. Very good for growing plants and holding the damp soil for a while though!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful work. There is a pottery group here that does sales a couple of times a year.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.