Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Thursday, May 11, 2023

Day trip to Burnsville NC

Sorry, the original post got trashed by mistake. Lots of mistakes. All by me. I will try to reconstruct the post and at least have included Tom's comment, which I had briefly posted it on May 5, instead of today.  ARGH! 


These three lady adventurers may have some fun up their sleeves still. I disagree with Tom who wanted to call us the Three Muskateers, because our version of fun is very different than what they did! We're still working on a name for our threesome.

I think I may have already shared this mural. There are several others, which will be on another Monday Mural post! If I can get it together to do so.
The Historic Society had a welcome center, with this wonderful quilt on its wall...with the center portion actually sticking out a bit. At first I just got dizzy.




We were glad not to have been riding in this car, one of us would have had to have been in the rumble seat.

The town is centered on a square and a town hall, and the Yancy County court house is right next to the square.


The Book Cellar was the only bookstore open, and it was pretty small. Free books outside. I found a Terry Pratchett book inside. They are connected to the library here.


The white building in the center below is an old hotel which was being rennovated.

The original library is on the square in downtown Burnsville...but a new one has been built on the other side of the square.


We saw interesting buildings both coming and going, and though we went through mountains, we were on nice divided highways all the way from Black Mountain, through Asheville, to Burnsville NC.





It's pretty hard to catch these buildings as the car goes by at 55 or more MPH.


Today's Quote:

Genius is the gold in the mine, talent is the miner who works and brings it out. -Marguerite Gardiner, writer (1789-1849)


Tom commented on "Day trip to Burnsville N

...the travelling Three Musketeers!

8 comments:

  1. You learned a lot on that trip! The effect of that at quilt was.... interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely made me feel queezy until I focused on just one image or another. It was a most enjoyable trip!

      Delete
  2. ...the travelling Three Musketeers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where have I heard that before? We're working on choosing a more appropriate name, after all those were guys!

      Delete
  3. Burnsville is such a charming little town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is, but seemed very quiet on that Monday. Let's just say lots of people did come to the Deli, so we know people were at work behind all those windows.

      Delete
  4. Oh yeah. I read it in Feedly but when I came here to comment, there was nothing. I can’t remember what I would have said now.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.