Black Mountain

A grey spring day at Lake Tomahawk, Mar 22, 2024

Monday, May 29, 2023

Pulmonologist visit

 

I actually didn't know what these flowers were, that's how bad my eyes are today. Either pollen or something, but they are at the worst I've had. Dry, itchy (mustn't itch) and my eyelids and everywhere is puffy. They've got to be roses, yes? 

I was impressed with the new ramp to the Pulmonologist's office. In the past they've sent any handicapped patients around to the back of the building. However I wouldn't want to try to even walk down that ramp. I might try going up though.

It's a strange looking old building, right down from the hospital, so must have been built for Doctors offices, I guess.

There are several other buildings of this vintage that I've seen nearby.


And the news from the spirometer? That test indicated I had a lower percentage of volumn for my lungs to inhale than I had 6 months ago. And the doc said I had a low rumble in my lungs. So I'm going back in 3 months. I agreed that exercise, just walking would be a good idea. 


Today's quote:

Finding out what connects us, revelling in our differences; this is the process that brings us closer, that gives us a world of shared values, of meaningful community.

BELL HOOKS

9 comments:

  1. ...I have many problems, but thankfully this is not one of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that a great thing, when counting one's blessings...the things that aren't wrong with us! My toes are doing very well thank you!

      Delete
  2. Having those problems with your eyes must be extremely irritating. I hope you get some relief soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another couple of weeks...I never knew how much I depended on my prescription glasses. I guess an astigmatism has become worse with age, since I never used anything till the drug store magnifyers for reading in my 50s.

      Delete
  3. Walking does sound like a good idea. I hope things improve for your eyes and lungs in every way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I mentioned to Tom's comment, I have lots of body parts which are working just fine. Grateful for that!

      Delete
  4. Good Monday Memorial Day to you all...I am planning to walk today since the rain has finally gone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the breathung improves! Though I'm sure that getting out to walk in pollen season isn't that easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With all the rain yesterday, perhaps there's less pollen. I'm off to walk around community gardens today!

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.