Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Monday, May 8, 2023

Eye recovery

 The day after the last surgery I had an appointment with my eye doctor's office to get more instructions and be checked out.

He made sure I had enough drops for the new eye's recovery, while I'm still using one for the first eye. He recommended I get a refill on the one that is being used for the first eye as well as 4 times a day for second one. I said I liked that I was energized because it was a steroid, and he said you don't get enough steroid in these to feel like the pills I sometimes get for infections. Well, I don't care, I still feel much more energy than I did two weeks ago, so it must be a psychological effect!


The assistant updated my chart direcdtly to a main-frame stored somewhere else. A system that I like better than my primary physician who does all his own computer updating.


The screen on the wall is for the usual eye charts. All the rest seems to be normal eye doctor stuff.

My throne in the exam room. 

My view of the main instruments. After a drop given to make sure I'm numb in eyes, they checked my pressure, and then some other numbers that the Dr. dictated to the assistant.

This was on the wall behind my head. It's a rather interesting framework, without anything attached. Is this what TV's are hung up with these days? My new one is still sitting on a stand.


I'm still wearing sunglasses a week after second surgery. I can focus fine without glasses to walk around and drive, but need the old ones to read, just the top part that used to be for distance. So I know my prescription will change!

Today's quote:
“I am a poet who has preferred not to distinguish in poetry between nature and humanity.  Gary Snyder 

9 comments:

  1. ...I remember all of the eyes drops that I needed to take too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish I hadn't missed any. The optomotrist gave me a look askance because I shouldn't have missed any!

      Delete
  2. My cataracts have been developing slowly. No one is yet mentioning surgery, and I certainly don’t yet feel the need. Finger crossed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kept being the slow kind (she said) until last winter, when she said I'd developed the fast kind and they needed to be taken out immediately (her words!) Now how the heck did that happen? I woke up one morning with a completely different thing happening inside my eyes? Really! So keep on having the slow kind...for a Looooong Time!

      Delete
  3. I may work up the courage to have my cataracts removed. Reading about your experience has been very helpful.
    Gary Snyder is one of my most favorite poets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I have one friend who's considering it. I also told her about the financial thing. If I'd been on Medicare only, it would have been covered 100%. But because I have an Advantage Plan...through another insurance company, I had to pay their "co-pay" which was pretty hefty. If I'd known that, I don't know if I would have changed my coverage, because I have 0 co-pay on a lot of things with this plan, so it may just even out in the long run.

      Delete
  4. I found I practically needed an entire computer programme to work out when I needed which drops - and to remind me to use them - after I had my cataracts done. It's a marvellous operation though. I've never had any regrets about getting mine done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's great. I just set 4 alarms on my phone through the day. But then would sometimes forget which eye (by the second eye it was really more difficult for me!) My optomotrist said today it was better to double up on drops than to skip any! Oops.

      Delete
  5. Eye charts and diagrams about the eye were in the room I was examined in back in the fall of 2021 when I was in a hospital for a broken nose.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.