Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Tuesday, May 9, 2023

The Apple and the PC

 I just spent hours trying to upload my usual iPhone photos from the iCloud to my PC, so they could then go onto the blog. Nada.

I checked that the PC's photos app was working.

I just had had an update on the iPhone...so I called their customer service.

They finally got me using iTunes program on the PC, and importing with a physical cable to get my photos off the phone into the PC.

ARGH!

I haven't had to do that for years. And I told the CSR the same.

Somehow iCloud no longer is downloading to my PC at all. No more whatever wi-fi is for, or blue tooth or whatever...I'm back to a USB to phone cable. 

I'm not just a little peeved. Once they are downloaded one by one, I have to then open them to edit them, and again photos on the computer is being hesitant.

But hey, I'm an industrious user of several devices...there ought to be a modern woman name for that!

I happened to pick up my mini iPad, which won't update any more because it's so old, but when I pushed the photos icon, there were yesterday's photos. So 

I edited them in iPhotos on the iPad. When I restarted the computer, the edited photos were there, ready to find, through yet another link in the maze of PC files, and I could get to them from blogger.

Whew. I'm ready for lunch...it's already 1:22 pm and I started doing this around 10 am.

Yep, you can read all about it, or just skip it...like this day was supposed to be a skip day for me.

5 comments:

  1. ...I pug in the charging cord for my iPhone into my computer and they load well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I feel you. Me and technology do not get along so I guess a lot of what I do is the hard old fashioned way. Not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always used a charging cord to download photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you mean PC as in a Wiindows computer? I always must download specifically rfrm the cloud to the computer. It’s a bit of a hassle. I have contemplated getting an Apple computer to go along with my Apple devices, but I know how Windows works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Odd how they showed up. Maybe it was just a hiccup.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.