Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Tuesday, May 2, 2023

In my home territory

 


A map on the wall at the Optometrist's office. Where my apartments are located is a blank area.

A new Flame Azalea planted against an apartment wall.


The first of the pretty iris blooms. 

A cute Google-doodle for Earth Day.


A POEM

 Pink of girls

Skipping along.

Giggles and hair

Coming out of braids

Life has only joy,

Right then

Right now.

by Barbara Rogers

We were asked to pick a color, and meditate on it, then write a poem if we felt like it. So this came to me from emotions and experiences of many years ago.

The following photo gives me joy. I am sure you have a photo of a pet or baby or scene that gives you much the same feeling.


Have you ever written poetry?


Today's quote:


Make a habit out of celebrating the small moments in healing, gratitude, and growth.

ALEX ELLE


17 comments:

  1. Love your poem. The Google-doodle is cute. Love the Azalea and the Iris! Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading your poem. Pretty flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I tucked it away somewhere, and recently found it again. Decided why not share simple joys.

      Delete
  3. I wrote a few love poems back in uni and one somewhat similar one later when I was teaching a writer's course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THat's great. I would imagine you could write sonnets.

      Delete
  4. That is a beautiful iris, and I like that poem.

    I have written some poems, but have not written one for quite some time.

    My cat I have at home makes me happy, but there are times she can be a real pain in the neck!

    That kitten is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed the iris and the poem, and the cute kitten. Maybe the poetry muse will come your way again.

      Delete
  5. Your poem is very evocative, Barb. I do write poetry and have had a few pieces published but am in a lull right now.
    My first iris opened very early; the others are beginning now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's great to hear you are a published poet! I would love to read some of your poems...hint hint.

      Delete
  6. Nice poem, I like it. I've written a few about 15 years ago now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and I am interested in your written creativity as well!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks William...I'm glad your short comment was admitted by the spam police...most short comments have been shuffled off to spam-dom. Including my own replies, if I just say, thank you.

      Delete
  8. Very nice poem and observation!

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.