Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Monday, May 15, 2023

Monday murals plus some Beethovan

I had remembered lots of Amish (I think) Quilt designs, or perhaps just Hex Barn Symbols...on various walls in Burnsville NC. Nada this visit. So maybe we didn't go in the right places?

Here are a couple of murals we did see (as well as the Oz to the courthouse one posted before)

As we were there on Monday, we couldn't shop at Plott Hound Books.  The Toe River Studio Tour is coming up soon. It should be a fun drive through lots of small mountain roads. Not sure if we'll be doing that though.


I liked this realistic mural, especially the way it went all the way to the stair-step roof line. I can sure enjoy thinking about the Highway of Hope.



And a special treat...a video of the wonderful flash mob of "Ode to Joy" in Sam Sabadell, Spain.





Sharing with Monday Murals. 


Today's quote:

One reason that cats are happier than people is that they have no newspapers.

GWENDOLYN BROOKS

15 comments:

  1. ...great murals and lots of small mountain roads sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well they (mountain roads) do offer great opportunities for photos, but few places to safely stop to take them!

      Delete
  2. Loved the video. Brought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME too, it was so wonderfully edited with the many different views, but of course the music is grand by itself.

      Delete
  3. Most murals seem to be vivid. I like this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I liked it too! My first comment in reply went into spam. Phooey, I thought that had stopped.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful mural Barbara, so realistic! Thanks for participating in Monday Murals. Love the cat quote too; I think we would all be happier without all the bad news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to join the group, and I hope to get to looking at other's posts later today...I've been slammed, from one thing to another. Need the cat attitude perhaps!

      Delete
  5. That mountain mural is so beautiful. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The TRAC mural might not count as a mural, since it is describing a group of artists. When does a mural become a sign? Just by using words maybe...

      Delete
  6. Love the mural. Studio tours are great fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, this one is a new one to me. It goes through some high mountains, just at the foot of the tallest mountain east of the Mississippi (which you probably already know) Mt. Mitchell.

      Delete
  7. Both murals are great, Barbara, but the second one was stunning. And as far as I'm concerned, the TRAC sign qualifies as a mural, but I'm not a mural expert.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.