Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Amelia's bowl

This bowl is by Mudbuddy friend Amelia Packer. I bought it last year and really admired the glaze work on the outside of it.




But the inside is pretty dull in comparison. So I usually have some fruit or tomatoes in it and can't see the prettiest part, a sort of secret.





And as Blog-friend at Frog and Penguin posted yesterday, short comments go to some spam filter that BLOGGER has thought up. I wasn't really interested because I just look at each comment as it is listed, and if there's that "check sign," I check it, then publish it. 

So I finally looked at the tiny triangle above all my comments, and found of the 200+ there, the short thank you's I'd just posted myself as REPLIES to your comments, hadn't been posted either.

 Just saying Thank You, is considered spam. Please know I do thank you all when you comment, but am going to skip the three or more clicks to get them back on the comments sections of my blogs. Bah Humbug!

Today's quote:

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

CARL SAGAN

10 comments:

  1. Hello,
    The bowl is pretty! The spam comments are crazy lately, I am getting a lot on my older posts. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I haven't checked many older posts for spam. I think I monitor things over a few days/weeks old - or something that lets them not publish automatically. I do love many pieces of beautiful pottery made by friends that I use daily.

      Delete
  2. ...I like the bowl and I check each of my comments too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that you reply to comments, and since I enjoyed reading that, I started doing the same whenever I could. There are some days I have to skip. Glad you also liked the bowl.

      Delete
  3. I have turned off comments on old posts and that cut back on a lot of spam comments. I'm surprised that there are still spam commenters out there. It's crazy! And that is lovely bowl art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I did have a new one in my comments this morning, which had been caught and was awaiting moderations. To the trash it went. I guess it must be hard to come up with a screening device (algorithm? to find those scammers.

      Delete
  4. Of course the decorations are on the inside of the beautiful bowl...then you can see them when it is full of food!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bowl is beautiful. I go check my spam folder every day. It always has some very old ones from previous years, It's crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bowl is lovely.

    Some months back I deleted the actual spam comments completely, but each day I find some real comments, including my replies, in spam.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was also just reminded —again — to check spam. I had 5, 3 were actual spam.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.