Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Sunday, May 28, 2023

From my neighborhood to a birthday

 


At home


Between my car and my home (in the distance)



This little promising avocado has already got the fungus going...see little white specks at each leaf node, and even inside the seed split. So I sent it to avocado seed heaven and a big sorry Charlie, don't need any more fungus among us.



So far the Jade plant has stayed healthy!


As well as the cactus of no known holiday.

So here's avocado seed number two. I threw away the seed from this week's avocado. I still need to repot 2 orchids, to I know not where!

Moved these three plants to the bedroom, though they'll go outside as soon as I feel like it.

Happy birthday to my eldest son.

He's on the right, with his dad and 2 sons. His daughter wasn't there for that pic nor his wife, but someone was taking the pic! However there's not an empty chair at that table, so perhaps a waitperson took it. He lives in a different city than me, so I see him through lots of photos, and phone calls!

Anyway, I'm remembering the day my first son was born! Whew. That was really something!!

Today's quote:
When we're holding ourselves back, it takes courage to recognize these patterns and to take steps to change them.




10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's so hardy, I haven't ever raised one. I put it into the orchid schedule of one wartering a week. Should I give it more?

      Delete
  2. Hello,
    Your plants are lovely, I like the cactus and jade plants. I hope your son has a very happy birthday! Take care, have a great day and happy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you a happy holiday tomorrow, and thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  3. I always love seeing what's growing and blooming there. So lovely. Happy birthday to your son!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and I love my neighbor's...a hardy pair of rose bushes that will produce now, then go dormant for a month or so, then come back again.

      Delete
  4. We got a couple of baby Jade plants going, they came from our original one.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.