Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Monday, May 1, 2023

May Day 2023

 Having just celebrated Earth Day a few days back, May Day brings another great snese of appreciation of our mother earth, Gaia as I call her.




Persephone mask by Lauren Raine




Last May Day 2022. I wonder where my flower crown is to wear this year! Our celebration will be next Sunday, May 7.

Last year's Maypole dance at the UU Church in Black Mountain, by Innana's Daughters


Linda is always the musician, leading our dancing and singing!


Today's quote:

As humans, our lives are completely intertwined with the cycles and rhythms of nature.


11 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Happy May Barbara! I love the pretty flower crowns. Take care, have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy May to you and all your loved ones too! Hope your week is fabulous!

      Delete
  2. ...Happy May Day, I remember dancing around the Maypole as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy May Day! Such a beautiful time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. Note how I completely ignore the political hoopla that came along with industrialization!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy May Day! I love your colourful flower crowns, they are so appropriate for today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't found mine yet - to wear on next Sunday's Beltane ritual outside again.

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.