Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Sunday, May 21, 2023

Barns in Swanannoa

   Driving around the other day, I actually was on back roads, and could pull off to the side to get photos of a couple of barns! Yay me!


First try through a window had a fence post right in the center...

So I kept on rolling, and cropped the window out of this one.

Another barn that appears to be having some use.


Today's quote:
Wrongs are often forgiven, but contempt never is. Our pride remembers it forever. -Lord Chesterfield, statesman and writer (1694-1773)


3 comments:

  1. Good work in taking the second photo.
    Your comment about rural bathrooms just replayed in my brain. We don’t have them all over, but there is a rural highway that has two or more such rest stops. It is a highway, but it is rural, so there are no usual stops as on more major highways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know the availability out in the sticks of something better than a bush to hide behind...at least most of the time.

      Delete
  2. I don't know if I have explained how Warren Wilson College works. It's great place for young people to work on farm duties, or environmental, or artistic, or any educational area you might think of. But each student does contribute to the farm. I've met just a couple of them and have been quite impressed. And I've met a couple of the faculty members too, and was impressed.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.