Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Saturday, May 27, 2023

Some of the cats in my life.

 My cats.

I shared earlier on  "Pets I Remember" a lot of photos which included at least one dog. HERE.

And here's an older post about "Last Day of the Month Animals" with my grandson's cats. He has another one, Alice, in addition to the two in that link.

 OH HERE"S ALICE GRANDCAT!


And here's the 2017 series of Yoga Cats. I chose two to keep for my own collection. 

Looking at both sides of this warrior pose. Having a tail sure helps!

Downward cat and modified tree pose.

Don't know if this pose had a name...but you'll recognize the headstand...again having a tail helps. J

Here are more photos of my felines in fur or clay!.

The cat mugs one. 

And yes I made clay cats of different forms. Here you can find mugs with kittens.

And various little critter cats

When I moved to Black Mountain from Tampa FL, I brought black Keptain and (Queen Calico) Muffin.
Keptain didn't live much longer, since he was already about 12 when we moved.

Muffin did have complete control of the house for her 18 years.
She had been born on my birthday in St. Augustine FL...and moved with me 5 times. Yes I am a bit of a wanderer.

Don't know how these guys got in here!




This is another grandcat, Bandit, who chose my new daughter-in-law and her sister to be his servants.




May I introduce Panther, my last cat. You never know that's going to happen.

Panther liked to watch the show "Nature." So I captured her on this post.







This series shows her love not so much of the fish, but of the fish food. One morning I found the open food container on the floor, and all that had spilled out had been licked up by Ms. Panther. I think she would have liked a fish too, but she turned up her nose at leftover salmon I gave her.




In all ways, Muffin remained the Queen. Panther wasn't ever very confrontive (that I saw) but also didn't get in her space either. Panther outlived Muffin by a few years. I treated Panther's thyroid problems for the last several months of her life...a draining experience that reminds me of how caregivers must be so dedicated to their patients, feline or human (or canine.)




The earlier cats in my life (a la sepia) were included in my first post that's linked above.

Sharing with Saturday's Critters

Check out Sepia Saturday for more!


Today's quote:

Blind faith in your leaders, or in anything, will get you killed. 
-Bruce Springsteen, musician (b. 1949)



20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, and the same to you and Sue and most importanly, Lacey!

      Delete
  2. Hello, Barbara
    What a wonderful post, all the kitties are adorable. I like the shots of the cats on top of the fish tank.
    A great variety of both real and ceramic cats. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have some critters for your big Saturday collection. Of course I already read a few of those bloggers, but I never knew there were so many out there! And you reply to each of their comments too!

      Delete
  3. Lovely cat pics... the furry ones and the beautiful pottery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robin. I'm glad you enjoyed my trip down memory lane with my kitties.

      Delete
  4. Hello :=) A fine collection of cat pottery and beloved cats. Lovely photos throughout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I enjoyed putting it together, as I enjoyed each of my dear animals. The pottery ones didn't ever purr, or sit on my lap and keep me warm on cold evenings. But they are kind of nice in that they live on much longer than real cats!

      Delete
  5. I always love reading your posts. We moved to FL from Asheville and I love Black Mountain! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny, as I went the opposite direction! Well, we balanced out things I guess. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  6. That's a bunch of cats every which way! The yoga cats are neat. :) The pictures of Panther atop the aquarium remind me of our first cat, Tigger, who used to lie down on top of my parakeet, Sweet Pea's cage. She never tried to get at, or harm Sweet Pea in any way - just watched her. And Sweet Pea was practically oblivious to any danger. She just sat there chirpling happily away. Rather strange. I never let Tigger sit there very long, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great story about Sweet Pea and Tigger...two critters who liked the safety of the cage, but were still interested in each other!

      Delete
  7. Oh that's so cool. I hope you enjoyed them, as much as I did in collecting those stories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. And there's another one somewhere...I briefly saw its photo while dealing with the mess of my photos being thrown into a drop box that was already full.

      Delete
  9. Lovely photos and stories of your cats, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cats inspire us in ways that dogs and other pets do not. Beside their physical beauty I think it's because they seem wiser than humans. It's no wonder they were esteemed by the ancient Egyptians.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is the attitude which is perhaps cattitude!

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.