Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Sunday, May 14, 2023

Mother's Day 2023

 Happy Mother's Day to all mothers...as well as all women who have been creative in nurturing through other avenues, like poets, painters, potters, planters, and pet owners!


My name is Barbara,
the daughter of Mataley,
the daughter of Mozelle,
the daughter of Eugenia,
the daughter of Eugenia,
daughter of Susan
. This is my lineage of mothers. To their spirits I send wishes for Happy Mothers Day.


The first two photos are of my grandmothers. The following two are my mother.


Proud me on my special birthday with grandson and daughter-in-law, K.
Daughter-in-law, K.

Another daughter-in-law, M.
and her mother!

One of my sons with his wife (second from l.) and 2 of his 3 daughters.



My other daughter-in-law B, with someone else's pet skunk
and her mother and dad...when she was very young!


Here B is again

and her sister and their cat Bandit.

Two good friends who share day trips and conversations over coffee often

Another special friend who is just 39 years young.


Here I am with a friend/teacher/potter, and my friend and potter, C. on the r.


Some of my Mudbuddy potters who started selling pottery at the Tailgate Market many years ago! The one in the middle has moved away, but the other two are still doing this Sat. activity.

My friend Linda, a poet, a musician, a lyric and tune writer, a choir director, a leader in the divine feminine...etc.


Myself with my friend Martha, who may not live close by any more, but has been a friend/sister through many years.

Three generations of females wearing flower crowns for Beltane!



Grandmother of my ex-daughter-in-law, C.
Ex-daughter-in-law C., and her father

My grandson, his grandfather, my granddaughter (graduation) my ex-daughter-in-law C. and her mother.

So this Mother's Day I haven't included any photos of my sons. But I'm so thankful to have had them in my life, since they made me a mother!

Today's quote:

When you do things from your soul, the river itself moves through you. Freshness and a deep joy are signs of the current.

RUMI

6 comments:

  1. Dems alotta muthers. 😎
    Seriously, congrats and have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Mother's day is about family, Have a wonderful day Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day! Quite a collection of mom photos here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mothers Day. I like the way you did your lineage of mothers--I can't get that far without doing some research. My short one is Vicki...Virginia...Ruby...Alice...and there i have to stop.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.