Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Some of Cathy's pottery

I love my Christmas present from Cathy! Her bowls are light and strong, showing her mastery of the medium. I'm going to share with you some of her works that I have enjoyed seeing, as well as some which I now have in my home. Each Wednesday!






One of my favorite fruit, granola, and yogurt bowls by Cathy. She worked in porcelain while she studied at Haywood Community College. I have several pieces that she made at that time.


Today's quote:
Man can be the most affectionate and altruistic of creatures, yet he's potentially more vicious than any other. He is the only one who can be persuaded to hate millions of his own kind whom he has never seen and to kill as many as he can lay his hands on in the name of his tribe or his God. -Benjamin Spock, pediatrician and author (2 May 1903-1998)




10 comments:

  1. ...I like the red one best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them all, but glad to know your preference.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I love finding beautiful work, especially when a friend has made it.

      Delete
  3. As soon as I saw these beautiful bowls my first thought was, Oh I would love to have my morning granola with fruit and yogurt in one of those. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bowl are lovely. The red one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, and am glad to know which one you like. There will be more to consider later.

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.