Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Monday, January 22, 2024

A lunch treat that's sometimes crowded

 I've been visiting the Veranda at least since 2014, when I first blogged about it. When the tourist season is in full swing, there are lines of people waiting to get in. But it has a pretty fast turnover, and interesting things to look at while waiting.



I had another post about it in 2019...you could look at lots of deserts in that glass top cooler.


However during COVID I think it may not have continued having dine-in meals. Just look how close together everyone is!

The entrance reflected that it was a cool but sunny day.


They've added some art both on the windows and on boards inside giving different information.

Last week it looked better, more spacious with less of the waiting area with goodies, and more room for tables by removing the cooler where deserts used to be displayed.


My candid shot of my friends...not very flattering. But the other pew bench is now on the opposite wall giving more tables. They still sell those pretty umbrellas which are hanging above the register counter.

As an established luncheon site in Black Mountain, we just wondered why we don't go there more often!

----------------------

Weather catch-up. Yesterday, Sunday morning at 8 am was 6 degrees, but later it got above freezing. And Mon. promises a warming trend!

A word for today:

idiolatry noun: Self worship.













16 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice place for your lunch. Take care, have a great day and happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...it has a nice comfortable, welcoming interior.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed speaking with my friends, but didn't know my voice carried so well. I mentioned to them that the couple next to us were not talking with each other. The next thing I knew, the man's head (facing away from us) was moving a bit, and the woman facing us had a blush. Oops!

      Delete
  3. It looks charming both then and now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Black Mountain has so many great places to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks lovely. I think it's better now places have spread their tables out more. Covid had a few benefits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, and I thought people were spread far enough apart that there was more privacy (see my comment above to Tom.!)

      Delete
  6. Looks like it should be a regular once a month place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness, I have more places than I could afford to go to once a month...so maybe every other month! I try not to eat out more than once a week, most of the time. While I'm under the weather I'll stay home this week!

      Delete
  7. I love what they did to the window!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some really good artists around. So glad they hired one for this!

      Delete
  8. That looks like a place I would enjoy. We are so limited in choices here. Plenty of fast food but not too much else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about fast food places. But we sure do have competition for them!

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.