Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Saturday, January 6, 2024

Some living critters I saw in Florida (tame ones this week!)

 First let me introduce Teeny. She's lost some weight since when I visited her 4 years ago! But she still is top cat. My two adult boys living together, where the cats really belong to my grandson, but it's my son's house...everyone seems to have their own roles and chores, pretty well defined. And the cats are mostly willing for either of the men to pet whenever they (cats) deign to approach a sitting-TV-watching-phone-texting-moment.



Her roommate, sister Bella doesn't come out of my grandson's room, except to use the kitty pan. So I barely saw her.

Then there is Alice. She's newest little cat...fully grown and very friendly. But for some reason she never came to me. She would slink by and get a minimal scratch down her back, and that was it.


Alice just "chillin"

I loved that one time I got the camera up just in time to see the final poise between Alice and Teeny, where they'd been jumping and wagging paws menacingly at each other. But total play as there was no hissing nor tail poofing.

As they landed...


And Teeny has retreated to under the tree, while Alice is wary still!

Sharing with Saturday's Critters.

Today's quote:





15 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Your family's kitties are adorable. They all have cute names too. I am happy to hear they are playful and friendly. Great photos! Love the Jerry Garcia quote. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to hear from you so often Eileen. THanks.

      Delete
  2. That's a lot of cat for one house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may be, but they didn't climb the tree, and the lower ornaments were unbreakable. They slept most of the time!

      Delete
  3. Very cute kitty cat photos. I love that Jerry Garcia quote. (NewRobin13)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to find rock and roll people with soul...quite a few of them I think!

      Delete
  4. Jerry nailed it, at least for the majority. The problems lie with the few, not the many.
    Love the kitty play! I have been trying to figure out how many children you have, Barb! 3 sons and a daughter, I think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, I have 3 sons, and 4 granddaughters and 2 grandsons. But some wonderful daughters-in-law, including an ex who is a friend still (after all she's the mom of my grandkids.)

      Delete
  5. Jerry had a great idea! Love the cat photos, they are funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They must love cats! They sure are good pets too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to have cats...most of my life. Until now with breathing problems. Still love to visit others'!

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.