Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Saturday, January 13, 2024

Waterfowl along my way in Florida last month

 Sharing with Eileen's Saturday Critters

One gull was much bigger than the others...so...

After much waiting and refocusing, I looked this up in my Bird ID app. My guess is a juvenile...


I was so pleased to see a brown pelican flying by. 



Though the store may sell liquors and fine wine, I think this might be a great blue heron.

Goodbye dear pelican...enjoy life!

And while I got all 10 toes into the Gulf of Mexico, another gull photobombed me!

Thanks to my son, Marty for this last photo, which shows my extreme pleasure at simple things in life!

Today's quote:

I try to remind myself that we are never promised anything, and that what control we can exert is not over the events that befall us but how we address ourselves to them.

JEANNE DUPRAU

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Though we wore light weight coats outdoors, especially in evenings, it was a far better temperature than we're dealing with here these days.

      Delete
  2. Hello,
    I love seeing the birds along the beaches, the gulls and pelicans are favorites. The mural is beautiful. Cute photo of you on the beach! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend. PS, thanks so much for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even in winter, there’s somthing wonderful about a beach!
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sure feels good to get your toes in the sand...and water! I love your cute photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a beautiful photo from a beautiful moment!

      Delete
  5. Oh my that looks so inviting! T he birds are lovely too. We had some off-course pelicans visiting West Virginia last month. Big surprise! The DURAND a raptor rescue group sheltered the birds and fed them up before sending them on their way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must have been some shock to see pelicans in West Virginia! Glad they were cared for!

      Delete
  6. That final photo with the cheeky gull photobomb is priceless!

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.