Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Thursday, January 4, 2024

What we did for Christmas Eve

 

Each dawn reminds me of this:

Pretty sure this came from the WeMoon Calendar.

But I did go with my family to visit others, and Christmas Eve was a party held by my ex-daughter-in-law...who happens to be a good friend too!

My little pottery vase to Cinnamon, my daughter-in-law-no-longer-now-friend!

Wesley (boyfriend of Cinn), Cinnamon, and Marty (her ex, my son!)
One of those mother daughter moments...while Cayenne holds a white fluffy dog named Ammi or something...barked at me all the time.



The savory part of the spread...


And my own desert plate, showing Michael's (grandson) white chocolate moose, and the spice cake made by William and Cayenne, my other grandkids. All delicious, though Michael's moose didn't firm up, so it was soupy sweet.

So I asked Michael and girlfriend Amanda if I could take their photo, and this is what they did!
But then they wanted a serious one too, so...



Part of my fun of the evening was catching up with Cinnamon's mom, Linda. I hadn't seen her in years, though we are FB friends...but we don't share much personal stuff on FB!



Bill (Cinnamon's dad) was also there, and had an empty plate (but not for long.

Cayenne has a neat tat, as well as a bun over closely shorn locks. She spent a lot of time cuddling with Perseveres...the older dog. Her work means she lives in St. Augustine, so was just home for the holidays.


We did have requests for songs, and I mentioned how FB friend Maureen wanted people to send her hippopotamuses...so this one was only briefly considered by the majority of the party people.


This is perhaps my favorite photo of the evening. In the background is an ongoing conversation (most of the night) between my son and his ex-wife's boyfriend, Wes. Then we see Cinnamon, mother and hostess, talking with Cayenne. And Cayenne is absentmindedly petting Perseveres...who is looking longingly for more more more!!

Then I gifted my grands their pottery treats.


A tiny three colored jar...as well as...

Not quite an heirloom necklace, enamel on copper/brass. It's at least 40 years old.

William got the green dragon jar...sharing it with his longtime friend Lester.

I had gifts for Michael, Marty, and Amanda which we shared on Christmas morning...and I didn't take a single photo! Just enjoyed the moment.


Sharing with Thankful Thursday! I am so blessed to have these wonderful people in my life!








14 comments:

  1. Fun times, family , friends and good food, sounds like a great evening. Take care, have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...food is a HUGE part of the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely Christmas gathering with family there. Sweet photos of the day. (NewRobin13)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks Robin. I hadn't seen many of those relations for years, and just met a few of their friends who I've only heard about until now.

      Delete
  4. Such a fine family (and others) Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just plain ole fun time, with many different conversations and edibles all over the place!

      Delete
  5. That's a huge family from our point of view here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One son and ex-wife, three grands, dogs, friends of them all...and me! I never seen them since we're so far apart, so am glad of social media for a bit of news here and there!

      Delete
  6. Its always nice when family gets along and there is great food involved. Makes it all worth while.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Extended family! I love everything about this post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like the best type of gathering to me. Everyone glad to be in each other's company! Thank you for linking up and sharing this celebration.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.