Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Gone


These two have passed.






Teresa was a dear friend from the many years we shared creative space in the community clay studio. I've read a bit, and she shared just a little about her life, which touched the lives of others all over the world. I was shocked to hear that we'd lost her in her physical form...but feel that her life will continue in the ways she influenced others.

The deserted shopping mall is somewhere off of I-95 in either South Carolina or Georgia. There was a gas station open (behind me in this photo) and I was shocked to see another skeleton from COVID.

Please forgive me for adding a few words.

Sharing with Wordless Wednesday.

12 comments:

  1. So sorry for the loss of Teresa! We have some ghost malls here too. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very poignant and sad when we loose a really good friend, but I love the eloquent way that you say "we lost her in her physical form...but feel that her life will continue in the ways she influenced others."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many of my friends and acquaintances have passed from our world, but I always see their lives continuing, as spirits that sometimes hang out with me in dreams or meditation, and as memories of those they've touched.

      Delete
  3. As long as we remember them and speak their names...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's part of it...and holding them in our hearts I think!

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear about the loss of your dear friend Teresa. Your words beautifully capture the essence of her life.
    The image of the deserted shopping mall and the reference to another skeleton from COVID evoke a sense of the challenging times we've been through.

    Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think people are tending to want to forget the pandemic even happened these days.

      Delete
  5. It makes me sad to see so many empty buildings. It just looks so desolate. Hopefully the people who seemed to have forgotten what the lock down was like will remember when they see the shopping centers that look like ghost towns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe what someone, I forget who, said: we don't have souls. We are souls; we have a body. Surely your friend's spirit/soul is still here. Hugs, Barb.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.