Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Some art and some words...

 


Marc Chagall's frescoes painted on the ceiling of Opera Garnier, Paris

"[Artists] live at times in their rare moments of happiness with such strength and indescribable beauty, the spray of their moment’s happiness is flung so high and dazzlingly over the wide sea of suffering, that the light of it, spreading its radiance, touches others too with its enchantment. Thus, like a precious, fleeting foam over the sea of suffering arise all those works of art, in which a single individual lifts himself for an hour so high above his personal destiny that his happiness shines like a star and appears to all who see it as something eternal and as a happiness of their own." 
Hermann Hesse, 1927  Steppenwolf 

I found this on Facebook...




The Homecoming by N, C, Wyeth


Andrea Kowch



I love these, which seem to have a lot of Germanic words. Goodness, do Germans experience all of these emotions? One typo is in number 11, which should read "photographing."










No need for a quote today, as you've already had some!

8 comments:

  1. ...what a wonderful post, Barbara. Chagall is a favorite of mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tom. I was asleep late this morning, enjoying the many quilts providing warmth. So a bit late posting. Below freezing here all day, but no snow at least.

      Delete
  2. I copied that Hesse quote and shared on my Facebook page. It sure speaks to me, and can be applied to all forms of art, I think. I remember when singing or storytelling, that pure joy of sharing really sent me to a special high. Who needs drugs when one can experience such joy naturally?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun to share quotes, music on YouTube, all kinds of things, even inspirational sayings, between bloggers. Yes your experiences do say you've felt that artist's high.

      Delete
  3. Great collection of quotes an signs. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. I think I don't have any critters this week for Saturday.

      Delete
  4. There is no box! Thank you. Aloha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy lots of your quotes too. A few may appear here or there! Yes. An echo from The Matrix, there is no spoon!

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.